Curtis Schube – Associate
Curtis Schube is a Senior Associate at the Dhillon Law Group. Curtis supports the Dhillon Law Group’s litigation and appellate practice with an emphasis on First Amendment rights, election law, and commercial litigation. Previously, Curtis spent time in the public interest space handling First Amendment issues. Prior to that, Curtis worked for the State of Missouri for seven years. There, he focused on constitutional law, election law, and administrative law. Notably, Curtis successfully defended the State of Missouri’s decision to grant Tesla Motors a dealer’s license and also successfully prosecuted a police discipline case related to the Ferguson unrest. He has argued in front of federal courts, the Missouri Supreme Court, Missouri’s courts of appeals and trial courts, and in many administrative settings.
Curtis earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of Arkansas School of Law, where he served as an editor on the Journal of Food Law and Policy. While in law school, Curtis participated in the Blackstone Fellowship with Alliance Defending Freedom. He earned his undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, from Oklahoma Baptist University where he studied history, political science, and psychology and was Chair of the University’s College Republicans. Curtis, his wife, and two daughters live in the greater Harrisburg area in Pennsylvania.
- Senior Associate, Dhillon Law Group, 2021 to present;
- Litigation Counsel, The Fairness Center, 2020 to 2021;
- Legal Counsel, Pennsylvania Family Institute, 2018-2020;
- Attorney for the State of Missouri, Public Counsel’s Office, Attorney General of Missouri, and Department of Social Services, 2011-2018;
- Steelman, Gaunt, & Horsefield, Associate, 2010-2011;
- The Blackstone Fellowship and Rule of Law Institute in Sofia, Bulgaria, Summer 2018.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D.
- Oklahoma Baptist University, B.A. in History and Political Science.
- First Amendment
- Election law
- Admitted to the State Bar of Pennsylvania (License No. 325479)
- Admitted to the State Bar of Missouri (inactive status).
- Admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court and each of the Pennsylvania federal district courts.
- Note, Public Schools Are Replacing Parents: The Erosion of the Parental Right to Control the Educational and Moral Upbringing of Children, 12 T.M. COOLEY J. PRAC. & CLINICAL L 121 (2010).
- Catch 22: The Rising Concern of Faith Being Removed from Counseling and the First Amendment Concerns Associated, 35 N. ILL U.L. REV. 375(2015).
- A New Era in the Battle Between Religious Liberty and Smith: SOGI Laws, Their Threat to Religious Liberty, and How to Combat Their Trend. 64 DRAKE L. REV. 883(2016).