Karin Sweigart is Counsel at the Dhillon Law Group. Karin support’s the Dhillon Law Group’s litigation and appellate practice with an emphasis on constitutional law, free speech, defamation, anti-SLAPP, and election law. She has experience managing litigation in state and federal court, appellate courts, and before administrative agencies. She excels at finding creative solutions to unique legal challenges.
Karin attended Fordham University on a basketball scholarship, graduating Cum Laude in 2001. After graduation, she served in the California State Legislature as a Jesse M. Unruh Fellow before attending and graduating cum laude from the University of St. Thomas School of Law in 2005. She served for eight years as a Legislative Counsel in the United States Congress where she supported members of Congress serving on the Judiciary Committee and the Committee on House Administration. After leaving Congress, she served a variety of non-profits in legal and executive capacities, advised multiple law firms as a legal writing consultant, and taught legal writing at the Dickinson School of Law before joining the Dhillon Law Group in 2020. Karin is admitted to practice law in California and Pennsylvania, the United States Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, all federal districts in California, and the Middle and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania.
- Independent Senior Counsel and Advisor 2017 to Present
- Deputy General Counsel, Director of External Relations, The Fairness Center 2015-2017
- Legislative Counsel for the Committee on House Administration, United States House of Representatives, 2009-2013
- Legislative Counsel for the Office of Congressman Dan Lungren, US House of Representatives, Washington DC
- Legislative Assistant for the Office of Congressman Donald Manzullo, US House of Representatives, Washington DC
- The Blackstone Fellowship, Claremont Institute for Constitutional Jurisprudence, Claremont, CA
- Jesse M. Unruh Fellowship, Assemblyman John Campbell, Sacramento, CA
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D.
- Fordham University – B.A. in Political Science
- Admitted to the State Bar of California (License No. 247462) and the State Bar of Pennsylvania (License No. 317970)
- Admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court, the 9th Circuit of Appeals, all federal districts in California, and the US District Courts for the Middle District and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania
- Karin Anne Moore, Note, God’s Law and Man’s Law: Can They Peacefully Co-Exist in the Life of a Christian Appellate Judge?, 2
U. ST. THOMAS L.J. 223 (2005).
- Karin Anne Moore, Embryo Adoption: The Legal and Moral Challenges, 1 ST. THOMAS J. L. & PUB. POL’Y 100 (2007).