Karin Sweigart is Counsel at the Dhillon Law Group. Karin support’s the Dhillon Law Group’s litigation and appellate practice with an emphasis on First Amendment rights, defamation, nonprofit law, and election law. She excels at oral advocacy and motions practice, as well as finding creative solutions to tough legal problems. She has experience managing litigation in state and federal court, appellate courts, and before administrative agencies. Karin additionally brings nearly a decade of experience as Legislative Counsel in the United States Congress where she supported members of Congress serving on the Judiciary Committee and the Committee on House Administration.
Karin is admitted to practice law in California and Pennsylvania. She additionally has served as an Adjunct Professor of Legal Writing at Dickinson School of Law for nearly two years. In her free time, Karin enjoys spending time with her husband and children, painting, home improvement projects, coaching, and reminding herself that her glory days are over by attempting to compete with men half her age playing basketball and softball.
- Independent Senior Counsel and Advisor 2017 to Present
- Deputy General Counsel, Director of External Relations, The Fairness Center 2015-2017
- Legislative COunsel for the Committee on House Administration, United States House of Representatives, 2009-2013
- Legislative Counsel for the Office of Congressman Dan Lungren, US House of Representatives, Washington DC
- Legislative Assistant for the Office of Congressman Donald Manzullo, US House of Representatives, Washington DC
- The Blackstone Fellowship, Claremont Institute for Constitutional Jurisprudence, Claremont, CA
- Jesse M. Unruh Fellowship, Assemblyman John Campbell, Sacramento, CA
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D.
- Fordham University – B.A. in Political Science
- Admitted to the State Bar of California (License No. 247462) and the State Bar of Pennsylvania (License No. 317970)
- Admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court, the 9th Circuit of Appeals, all federal districts in California, and the US District Courts for the Middle District and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania
- Karin Anne Moore, Note, God’s Law and Man’s Law: Can They Peacefully Co-Exist in the Life of a Christian Appellate Judge?, 2
U. ST. THOMAS L.J. 223 (2005).
- Karin Anne Moore, Embryo Adoption: The Legal and Moral Challenges, 1 ST. THOMAS J. L. & PUB. POL’Y 100 (2007).