Ravdeep S. Grewal joined the firm in 2015. His practice is focused on litigation and counseling related to employment and labor law. He represents both employees and employers in claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage-and-hour compliance. He also provides risk management advice to employers in all areas of state and federal employment law. Ravdeep also supports the Dhillon Law Group’s broad litigation practice.
Ravdeep attended the University of California, Berkeley after he graduated from high school at the age of 16, earning Bachelor’s degrees in both Economics and Political Science. He then earned his Juris Doctorate from the University of California, Davis School of Law. While in law school, Ravdeep served as Co-Vice President of the North American South Asian Law Students Association (NASALSA) from 2014 to 2015. He was also the Co-Chair of the Middle Eastern South Asian Law Students Association (MESALSA). Additionally, he was elected Senior Articles Editor of the UC Davis Business Law Journal, and served as Head Teaching Assistant for Contracts Law.
Ravdeep commits significant time towards public service. He currently volunteers with SEVA, a grassroots organization that helps feed the homeless, and sits on the SABA-NC Foundation Board.
In his free time, Ravdeep enjoys boxing, reading books on strategic warfare, and attempting to cook.
- University of California, Davis School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2015
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. Economics and Political Science, 2011
Labor and Employment Law
Civil Rights Law
“California Supreme Court Limits Business Proprietor’s Duty to Provide an AED, but Leaves Open the Possibility of such a Duty in High Risk Settings,” co-author, American Senior Housing Association Legal Notes (July 2014). Found at https://www.seniorshousing.org/filephotos/senior-housing-updates/Legal_Notes_-_July_2014.pdf
- “Rising Star Award” – South Asian Bar Association of Northern California, 2017
- “Top Contributor” – Avvo, 2016
King Hall Public Law Program, April 2015
- Presented “Employment Laws for the Small Business Owner” on behalf of the South Asian Bar Association at the Sunnyvale Community Center on March 17, 2016.
- Moderated the “Careers in Employment Law” Panel for the 17th Annual NASLASA Conference at Stanford Law School on February 21, 2015.
- Moderated the “In-House & Transactional Careers” Panel for the 17th Annual NASLASA Conference at Stanford Law School on February 21, 2015.
- Introduced U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Preet Bharara, for the 17th Annual NASLASA Conference at Stanford Law School on February 20, 2015.
- Moderated the “Interview Advice” Panel at UC Davis School of Law for MESALSA in Fall 2014.