Mike Columbo, a Partner at Dhillon Law Group, talks about whistleblower law.
Meet the Attorneys Protecting Your Whistleblower Rights
Our attorneys are nationally acclaimed but remain deeply rooted in the local community. We are known for our aggressive representation of our clients and our rigorous preparations for each case. And our attorneys are especially knowledgeable about whistleblower cases. Our lawyers will quickly determine the true nature of the dispute and advise clients on the best path forward toward their desired legal outcome.
There are laws that protect the rights of people to speak up when they see illegal activities. For example, California’s Whistleblower Protection Act offers strong assurances for employees. These laws protect both public and private employees and also identify certain instances of retaliation as criminal offenses. But the laws must be properly understood and upheld. That’s where our whistleblower attorneys can help you. With offices in New Jersey, New York, California, and Florida, Dhillon Law Group provides these services and is poised to protect the rights of any employee who has chosen to speak out regarding illicit activity.
Whistleblower laws protect employees in a number of ways:
- They safeguard employees against any retaliatory act following the report of a violation of state or federal law.
- They protect any reports made internally (e.g., to a workplace supervisor) or externally (e.g., a public hearing).
- Some laws extend this liability even beyond the employer to include anyone acting on the employer’s behalf (e.g., a third-party management contractor).
- They protect employees who disclose violations, even if they do so beyond their regular or official role.
- Anyone who is eligible for protection under these laws may file damage claims for any retaliation (e.g., repayment for lost wages or for damaged reputation).
With knowledgeable whistleblower attorneys and offices in California, Florida, New Jersey, and New York, Dhillon Law Group offers ample experience representing individuals who have come forward with information, experienced workplace retaliation, or otherwise seen their rights impeded. Our lawyers offer representation in a range of whistleblower cases:
- Qui Tam – Our attorneys represent clients in qui tam lawsuits, wherein the law rewards whistleblowers in successful cases of the government recovering lost funds.
- Environmental Whistleblowers – Our team has successfully represented whistleblowers who report violations of environmental law.
- Corporate Whistleblowers – We provide representation for whistleblowers under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act as well as Dodd-Frank.
- False Claims Act – Dhillon Law Group protects the rights of individuals who report violations under the False Claims Act.
- Federal Employee Whistleblowers – We provide representation for whistleblowers who are employees of the federal government.
- Military Whistleblowers – For military service men and women who report fraudulent activity, we provide skilled and aggressive representation.
- Data Breach/Cybersecurity Whistleblower – Dhillon Law Group has ample experience representing clients who report “cyber crimes,” including data breaches and information theft.