Campaign Law and Political Lawyer
Harmeet Dhillon, Republican National Committeewoman (CA), former Vice Chairman of the California Republican Party, Republican National Lawyers Association Board Member, and Trump 2020 Advisory Councilmember, leads the firm’s campaign law and election law practice. Dhillon Law Group advises clients on a wide range of legal matters including campaign finance compliance and disclosure, ethics, ballot integrity, candidate qualifications, ballot designations, as well as intellectual property issues pertaining to campaign messaging and speech issues relating to elections. We help our clients stay in compliance with election laws, and ensure that campaigns operate ethically and transparently.
Dhillon Law Group’s attorneys regularly practice before state and federal courts throughout California in political and campaign law matters, and also routinely appear before the California Fair Political Practices Commission (“FPPC”). We represent political consultants, state and federal candidates, ballot measure proponents, political committees, elected representative political bodies, and vendors.
Why Hire a Campaign and Election Lawyer?
Before investing resources to launch a campaign, any individual running for office should seriously consider retaining legal counsel capable of advising on campaign and election laws, which are varied and complex. A lawyer who specializes in this field can help guide your campaign strategy and ensure that it remains fully compliant with local, state, and federal laws.
In addition, whether you are a candidate facing litigation, a company seeking advice on risks involved with corporate political activity, or a campus political group attempting to exercise its rights, you should seek a lawyer with experience navigating the complexities of litigation in election-related matters.
California and National Election Law Attorney
Dhillon Law Group is highly knowledgeable about California’s state election laws as well as national campaigns, and we are honored to provide political law services to a range of clients, including:
- Political campaigns
- Political parties and committees
- Corporations seeking to influence political activity
- Voting rights and election administration organizations
- Tax-exempt organizations
- Campus political groups
- Political vendors
Dhillon Law Group’s representative cases include:
- Represented officers of the Republican Party of Los Angeles County in high-profile anti-SLAPP special motion to strike against complaint seeking injunctive relief relating to county central committee election
- Ongoing representation of the California Republican Party in trademark disputes pertaining to unauthorized use of its registered trademarks
- Successfully challenged the nomination signatures of a candidate in Congressional District 17 (Honda)
- Successfully challenged the Secretary of State’s refusal to properly credit the filing date of Assembly candidate Chuck Page
- Represented a county party Central Committee before the FPPC in an investigation into campaign finance matters from the 2010 election
- Represented a local elected official before the FPPC in a matter relating to the authorization of and payment for “robocalls”
- Represented county central committee in labor dispute
- Represented county central committee in dispute with aggrieved board members seeking officer position
- Represented community college board candidate in writ challenge to late-filing by politically connected candidate
- Represented citizens of Orange County challenging arbitrary restrictions of their free speech rights at City Council meetings.
The first step in the process is scheduling a consult with one of our campaign and election lawyers. Reach out to Dhillon Law Group today to discuss the details of your campaign or election law case.
The information in this blog post (“Post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from Dhillon Law Group Inc., or the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter.