Josiah focuses his practice in commercial litigation, First Amendment, and election law matters in state and federal courts and in arbitration tribunals such as the American Arbitration Association and JAMS. He represents clients in contract disputes, construction litigation, consumer fraud claims, franchise litigation, UCC defense, shareholder and partnership disputes, defamation, and appellate matters.
- Successfully obtained the dismissal of a fraudulent transfer complaint brought against a seller that sold real property for $2,850,000, and then successfully briefed and argued against the plaintiff’s appeal in the New Jersey Appellate
- Successfully obtained dismissal on summary judgment of a property defect claim against a Fortune 200 residential developer, and won summary judgment enforcing defense and indemnity against the developer’s subcontractor.
- Successfully barred an expert report that claimed liability against a Fortune 100 automotive manufacturer.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of a premises liability arbitration demand against a national homebuilder.
- Successfully defended a national utility company at a bench trial that resulted in a dismissal order.
- Successfully defended a furniture store franchise at a bench trial that resulted in a dismissal order.
- Prepared multiple commercial landlord tenant disputes for trial, with claims and cross-claims for millions of dollars, resulting in favorable
Josiah graduated in the top quarter of his law class at Regent University School of Law and honed his writing skills there by serving as a Senior Editor and member of the Editorial Board of the Regent Law Review.
- Regent University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Graduated in top quarter of class
- Law Review, Senior Editor and member of the Editorial Board
- Rutgers University, Newark College of Arts and Sciences, Bachelor of Arts, English, 2008
- Commercial litigation
- First Amendment
- Election law
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Named to Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” for Commercial Litigation (2021, 2022)
- Named to New Jersey “Super Lawyers” List as a “Rising Star” for Business Litigation (2017, 2022)
- Named as one of Bergen County’s “Top Lawyers” by Bergen Magazine for Appellate Law (2018)
- Won “Best Brief” at the Regent Moot Court Competition (2011)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Bergen County Bar Association
- Associate, The Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court
- “Arbitration – A Review of Case Law and Drafting Arbitration Provisions,” Hudson-Bergen Inn of Transactional Counsel (February 2020)
- “Consumer Fraud Act: Fundamentals and Developments,” BCBA (January 2020)
- “Another Hoop to Jump Through When Drafting Arbitration Agreements in New Jersey,” Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey Newsletter (January 2020)
- “Demystifying the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act,” MEADOWLANDS USA (January 2016)
- Note, Playing by the Rules: FRCP 55(a) and the Circuit Split Regarding Its Meaning, 25 Regent U. L. Rev. 209 (2012)