How can I protect my reputation against someone who is anonymously defaming me online? What steps should I take when a former employee has stolen my company’s trade secrets? Can the anti-SLAPP statute protect my right to free speech?
These are just a few of the important questions Krista helps her clients tackle on a daily basis. Krista’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, First Amendment rights and anti-SLAPP procedure, and privacy litigation.
Krista represents corporations, high profile public figures, nonprofit organizations, gig economy companies, and private individuals alike. She is driven by the joy of helping people find solutions for the most stressful and high-stakes problems in their business and personal lives. Krista’s clients appreciate her insightful assessment of legal issues, her creativity in crafting a strategy that thinks three steps ahead, her attention to detail in the execution, and her integrity throughout.
Krista is admitted to practice in New York and California, and litigates in federal courts around the nation. She is proficient in French. On the weekends you can find her going on a family hike, experimenting in the kitchen, or debating legal issues with her husband for the fun of it.
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court:
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Middle District of Florida
- District of Massachusetts
- General and Complex Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property (Trademark, Copyright and Trade Secrets)
- First Amendment (Defamation, Trade Libel, and anti-SLAPP)
- Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
- Privacy Litigation
- Employment Law and Litigation
- Lehigh University, B.A. International Relations, magna cum laude
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., cum laude
|UC Berkeley, birthplace of the growing anti-free speech movement||The Hill||2017|
|When Employees Speak for the State||The Daily Journal||2015|
Representative Speaking Engagements:
|Sound and Fury: Morality, Ideology and the rise of “Cancel Culture”||Thomson Reuters Institute||September, 2020|
|Battling Corporate Internet Trolls: Going After Imposters and Competitors That Break the Law||Strafford MCLE Presentation||July, 2020|
|Free Speech Panel||UC Berkeley School of Law||April, 2017|
|Free Speech Panel||Golden Gate University School of Law||October, 2017|
|“Protecting Your Client From Damaging, Anonymous Internet Content”||PLI Presentation||November, 2014|
|An ‘Uncivil War’: Examining Political Tribalism and the Rise of the Grievance Culture”||Thomson Reuters Institute||March 2021 (yes, this is in the future)|