Table of Contents
- California Business Law Attorney
- Emerging Company Formation
- Corporate Guidance
- Business to Business Disputes
- Co-Founder Disputes
- Intellectual Property Disputes and Enforcement
- Payment Issues
- Gig Economy Issues
- Transaction Services
- Business Litigation Attorneys For emerging and established business clients:
- A Business-minded approach to advising our clients
- Industry Experience of Our Business Law Attorneys in California:
At Dhillon Law Group, a reputed business law firm in California, we provide the experience, skill and long-term partnerships necessary to enable our clients to establish and grow their business – from formation through exit, and every issue in between.
We listen carefully to our clients’ goals and provide counsel by experienced business litigation attorneys tailored to achieving their desired outcomes. The business lawyers at Dhillon Law Group have a broad range of experience providing business clients efficient solutions to clients’ many legal needs, and responding as their businesses grow.
Our business law attorney in San Francisco regularly advise clients on a variety of legal issues affecting their business, including entity formation; contract drafting and interpretation; licensing and business strategy; IP protection; anticipating and minimizing liability; and employment/HR issues.
Emerging Company Formation
Forming a new company involves important decisions regarding corporate structure and management, taxation concerns, state and federal compliance issues, the drafting and implementation of operating agreements and other considerations. Our small business law attorney in california can guide you through this complex and often overwhelming process to ensure that your business is structured in the best way to meet your objectives.
Once your small business is up and running, we provide counsel and guidance concerning asset protection, risk mitigation, operational growth, regulatory compliance, corporate governance matters and general business advice.
We also advise on best practices in data collection and use, consumer privacy issues, taxation, employment practices and a host of other issues. Dhillon Law Group serves as general counsel and corporate counsel to many of our smaller and mid-sized clients.
Business to Business Disputes
Many of our business clients come to us with B2B disputes, including conflicts over services or deliverables, debt collection, unfair competition and breaches of complex and international commercial contracts. Our business law attorneys in San Francisco are skilled in California business law, analyzing these issues and recommending and implementing a targeted course of action aimed at efficiently achieving your goals.
Our team routinely handles state and federal commercial litigation as well as alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation. Whether in or out of court, we will represent your company’s interests aggressively and competently, freeing you to focus on running your business.
We help achieve efficient and final resolutions of the conflicts that often arise among founding members of a new company. See our Dispute Resolution for Co-Founder Conflicts page for more information.
Intellectual Property Disputes and Enforcement
Dhillon Law Group maintains a robust intellectual property practice that incorporates IP issues in traditional contexts as well as on the Internet, including copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent matters and Digital Millenium Copyright Act DMCA take-down notices. See our Intellectual Property Litigation page for more information.
Most businesses face issues with payment and collections from vendors, clients or partners. Our California business lawyers can advise you on the most effective steps to take to make sure that your invoices get paid without “throwing good money after bad.”
From skillfully negotiating with opposing counsel, to serving payment demand letters and ultimately filing lawsuits for amounts owed, we will vigorously represent your interests to ensure you recover what you are entitled to. We also advise on methods for collecting on a judgment, and reducing the risk of non-payment for current and future transactions.
Gig Economy Issues
The term “gig economy” refers to the state of the modern market in which businesses and individual clients are increasingly hiring independent contractors and short-term workers for short-term projects. The gig economy has flourished in recent years, due in part to the popularity of the internet and apps or websites that open up new opportunities for gig-based work and enable the connection between independent contractors and those seeking their services.
The interplay between multiple actors inherent to the gig economy, may sometimes lead to legal complexities, including employment classification issues and claims of negligence and vicarious liability. Such claims may arise between the gig economy actors themselves, and can also involve third parties who claim to be affected by services rendered to such actors.
Dhillon Law Group routinely provides legal advice and counsel on these complex issues, and helps its corporate clients maintain best practices to mitigate and limit risk while operating their gig economy businesses.
Our business law attorneys can help your business with its transactional needs, including drafting, negotiation, and review of commercial contracts, employment agreements, and commercial leases. We also help our clients with purchase, merger, sale and financing transactions.
Business Litigation Attorneys For emerging and established business clients:
- Counsel clients on start-up and organizational matters, including entity selection, corporate formation, bylaws, operating agreements, executive and employee compensation, stock ownership / option plans, securities issues and governance strategies;
- Advise on joint ventures, strategic alliances and other business relationships;
- Advise entrepreneurs and emerging companies on developing financing and differentiation strategies;
- Facilitate introductions to potential financing sources;
- Structure equity ownership and compensation arrangements;
- Develop IP portfolio strategies;
- Counsel clients on the development, protection and enforcement of their trade secrets, patents, trademarks and copyrights including partnering, technology licensing and acquisition opportunities;
- Help companies address IT needs, including outsourcing and software development;
- Advise clients on labor and employment issues;
- Provide litigation and dispute resolution counseling and services, including proactive advice on minimizing the risk of litigation and using arbitration and mediation;
- Strategic exit planning: from private placements and mergers and acquisitions to IPOs.
A Business-minded approach to advising our clients
- Provide sophisticated legal counsel based on our many years of experience helping clients form, finance and grow their companies;
- Offer clients a streamlined approach to handling their legal needs – a single point firm to efficiently oversee a variety of legal services.
Industry Experience of Our Business Law Attorneys in California:
- Consumer products and services
- Entertainment and media
- Food, Beverage and Beauty
- Industrial design
- Information technology
- Electronic hardware
- Life sciences
- Medical devices
- Social media
- Gig economy
Contact Our California Business Lawyers for Case Consultation
Looking for a business lawyer in california? We provide a variety of professional legal services to business clients, our California Business Lawyer can assist you. We represent small, mid-sized and large businesses, using our extensive resources and legal knowledge to achieve their business goals.
We take pride in the accomplishments and success of our clients, we are aware of the legal issues that can impact a small business’s operations. You will find the advice and assistance of our California small business law firm invaluable. Contact us to set up an initial consultation with one of our Discrimination attorneys by calling 415.433.1700 or contacting us here.
With office locations in San Francisco, New Jersey and New York, our business attorneys provide legal service and representation to clients throughout California.
|177 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
|256 5th Ave, 4 th Floor
New York, NY.1000
|8 Hillside Avenue, Suite 103
Montclair, NJ 07042
|Get Direction (Map)||Get Direction (Map)||Get Direction (Map)|